OK. Why don’t more people talk about how awesome the El Arroyo marquee is?! Have you ever driven by it without doing a double take?! Exactly. Those people sure as hell know what they are doing. I am determined to find the mastermind behind this glorious piece of art.
1. The time they laid out what it’s like to be an Austinite
2. The time they put all the health nuts on blast
But seriously. Do you have 13.1 or 26.2 on the back of your car
3. When they reminded everyone how much OU sucks
Not like we need a reminder, but it’s still funny
4. The time they had nothing to talk about so they went the bilingual route
5. Or when they helped Keep Austin Weird
6. The time they proved how real the struggle can be for those sneaky Facebook tags
Come on ladies. There’s privacy settings for that.
7. The time they reminded everyone that they are often times late and really good at math
Don’t lie. I know I’m not the only one!
8. When they tried to distract determined Yogis with Tex Mex
Hey man, that’s just being a Good Samaritan.
9. Or when they are just really clever
10. How about that one time Jay-Z cheated on Beyonce?! Yeahhhh… we see you all the way down here in Texas, J
11. The time they used reverse psychology on all you Snapchat addicts
12. And then reassured everyone that the iPhone and queso mix really well together
And yes, they have Wifi
13. That one time they were trying to act all nostalgic
Nameste on my red circle, bitches.
14. Or that one sign because, you know… Texas and weather don’t go well together
15. The time they tried to keep the animals from starving
I mean you can’t lie, that’s pretty damn funny
16. More rivalry shit talkin’
17. When they announced that it was officially Fall
18. Or when they confessed that they too care about how many FB likes they get
Gotta keep that social media game strong
I literally take the long way to work so that I can drive by this damn sign everyday. It honestly makes me stop worrying about how late I am, or how shitty my hair looks, or how much I already hate what I’m going to have for lunch. It’s my little “that shit is so funny that I can’t even” time that I get every morning. Bobby Bones is hilarious, don’t get me wrong. But no one keeps it more REAL than the El Arroyo sign. Except maybe NeNe Leakes.